Saturday, February 20, 2010

Keenan's 1st bowling Experience

Last Saturday we went bowling with Keenan for the first time. We went with some friends of our and their kids, Keenan had so much fun.

Getting on his bowling shoes, I did not think they made bowling shoes for that small of feet.

He got his bowling ball.

Getting ready to roll it down the lane.

Watching the ball go down the lane.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Ramping Up

As the days get noticably longer the anticipation of summer grows. We have been out on a couple wagon rides, which admittedly were probably premature for weather conditions, but it seemed like the right thing to do at the time. I think the kids are ready to get out of the house. This winter has been really fun watching Keenan explore in the snow...but is a lot of work to get to that point (snowpants, boots, coat, hat, mittens, ect).

Last year I broke the chainstay from excessive chain ring rub. I had a guy in Blue Mounds weld it back together and he did a GREAT job!! The Fisher was shipped to it's second life out in sunny California while the Mongoose got built back up and put back into service.

This weekend will be the second annual Cyclo-Frost race, I haven't had as much outside riding as last year, but the conditions look to produce an easier course than last year. Hopefully this will give a little boost to continue the mind numbing time on the trainer until the weather cooperates enough to either start night riding again, or to break out the trailer and start dragging the kids around.

Plans for the summer are starting to come around. I am going to be on Team WORS again so if you are at the races and need a little last minute tune-up stop by the Park Tool tent and I will see what I can do for you.

We are trying to get an early season trip south planned for mid march to get an early fix on some single track. Right now we are scoping out the St.Louis or Kansas City areas, both are about the same distance and both have good riding, hopefully the weather will be cooperative at one of the two places, I think we will plan for either location in parallel and then decide once we have a good look at the weather.