Friday, September 15, 2006

Battle in the North Woods

This could possibly the most anticipated race in the midwest of the summer. Being the second of the Triple Crown races the big guns have had a taste of what everyone else has been doing this summer. I have had mixed results here, the first year I didn't really know what was going on and just went hard bringing me in 44th. The next year I felt awesome, had a perfectly timed peak and only let 16 riders finish ahead of me. Last year I had a rough start and my legs didn't show up untill just after county 00. From there I felt great but could only manage to pull my self back up to 31st. This year I have been riding alot better. I don't feel unhumanly strong but have had my moments...hopefully one of them will show up tomorrow morning oh say about 10:15am (after the leadout).

Cathy is giving the 40 her first shot. She is nerviously excited, not ever riding off road this far yet this year. It is a fast race though and the miles tick off pretty quick. She is in prime condition right now so I think she will surprise herself my prediction puts her in around 350-400 spot - seems like a ways down but remember there are over 2000 people lining up for this one!!

The forcast is calling for rain and thunder. Personally I am excited for that, I had one of my best runs at 24-9 in the rain and it keeps my typically over heated body a little cooler.

No comments: