Sunday, February 15, 2009

Cycle-Frost


I needed some motivation to get on the bike and ride this winter so I signed up for the Cycle-frost race when it was first anounced. I have been doing just about all my riding outside throughout the winter...which proved to be advantagous for the race. After a couple pre-ride laps we lined up for the quick 30 minute race. We had about 30 yards off the line before the course narrowed for the first set of barriers. I got the holeshot so I didn't have to worry about tripping over people. By the first lap I opened up a 75ft. gap which kept growing for the entire race. It was a lot of fun to have a number back on the bike and hopefully this will give me some motivation to keep training through the rest of the winter and get ready for the summer.

No comments: