Monday, July 20, 2009

Sun Burst Show down

In a last minute lapse of better judgement I decided to try running a set of Stan's Crow tires this weekend. I put them on Friday night and then in the wet conditions of Saturday morning went for a ride. They hooked up pretty well even in the wet grass of Black Hawk Ski hill so I figured I should be fine.
Sunday I headed up to Kewaskum solo, Cathy's best friend of MN came down for the weekend so she stayed home and hung out. Apperantly Kewaskum hasn't recieved any of the rain we got here in the recent days so it was just super dry and dusty. We got started and I made it through the first part of the course ok. As we entered the field section on the second half I quickly learned it was going to be a tricky race. I washed out in the first fast corner, got on and almost dumped it again 3 minutes later. Once I accepted the fact that I had to take the corners slower than I was used to things got better. I ended up dropping my chain acouple times but got back on pretty quick. My legs felt great and every time I was off the bike (7 total) I was able to chase back to the group I was with. Yeah I probably could have finished higher had I not been off the bike, but that is part of racing, all I was really concerned about was that my motor is starting to feel good again.
Lessons learned...again - If you have a set up that works STICK WITH IT!!

No comments: