Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Madison Half Marathon

On Sunday, May 30th I ran my first half marathon here in Madison. It was a very senic venue, it started and finished at the Capital. The crowd of people all around the race route was amazing. My Parents came down that weekend they cheered me off the start line. Neil and the kids came down to the race on the bikes with Neil's Parents and they all chased me around. I saw them at mile #4 and it was so fun to see someone you knew. I saw them again at mile #9 which was a much needed pick-me-up, as I was starting to get really tired. It was a very warm, humid day, and they actually stopped the Marathon at 4 hours due to the heat. I was very excited to be done and was very tired and sore the rest of the day. It was a great accomplishment and it was fun to hang out with everyone up at the capital afterward.
Thanks Neil for chasing me around with the kiddos and for the Hot Pink Sign and being so supportive, it was a lot of fun. Thanks to my parents for coming down and cheering me on it felt like High School when you would chase me around from gymnasium to gymnasium for volleyball. And to my in-laws for coming down and supporting me during my race it was fun to have you there.
Pictures of the Race and After
Mile #4 feeling pretty good and soo excited to see my Fam.
Mile #9

"The Pink Sign"

(After the race on the Capital sqaure) Keenan loves jumping over Neil's legs, he is a really good jumper.

Georgia wanted to jump over Daddies leg too.

No comments: