Tuesday, February 14, 2006

So what's going on?

Yeah I am sure that is what you are asking. It is always hard getting used to new schedules. Cathy finally found a job after looking for longer than she thought, and it isn't too far from my work! That works out really nice, we are able to ride to work together and save on gas big time!
My foot is really feeling a lot better. I have pretty much switched all my swimming workouts to riding again. Because the weather has been incredible this winter I have been able to get off road again a couple times and the foot takes the bumps really well. This is week 6 of healing so everything should be back in place and now the bone just needs to get hard.
So at last years WORS awards banquet I won a GT I-drive frame. It was disk specific and I didn't have enough parts laying around to build it up. So I called the guys at Pacific Cycle and asked if I could trade for a complete bike. To my surprise they were totally cool with that and on friday we made the trade for this:

It is a really nice bike. I got it all assembled but haven't had it out yet to set it up. It is always fun to have a new bike sitting around, especially one that didn't cost you anything!!!
This year the road team needs to put on a race. Because it is late in the year to plan a race and get on a road schedule we decided to try the Cyclo-Cross route. We are working through the details for that right now but looks like it might be a go. That will be a lot of fun to have a race in the home town.
I say this every time but now that the schedule is settling down I should have time to get this updated more often.
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: