Tuesday, November 14, 2006

The race was a success

Thanks to everyone for braving the weather and coming out to the race. We were setting everything up on Friday and between lightning strikes and rain/hail/snow I was afraid only a handful of people would even show up.
A big thanks goes out to Mike Guisleman from the Rock County Park system. He really made this possible, the city of Janesville was difficult to work with but Mike was really excited about the idea. Even in the muddy and sloppy conditions Mike was excited to see everyone in the park and to see how much fun they were having. If you get a chance drop him an e-mail and just say thanks!
Now that the race is behind us things should settle down a little. Over the past month training has been non-existent, and riding has just been easy and enjoyable. I am going to work with TJ again for 2007 with his new coaching gig so that should keep me busy throughout the winter.
With the end of the season comes cleaning out the garage and drooling over new equipment. Cathy would like to get a full suspension ride next year and I am looking at upgrading my frame. Before any of that happens we need to move some of our stuff. I will get a post up here shortly and if you are interested let me know.

4 comments:

Ronsta, said...

Thanks for putting it on dude, it was a blast!

Regina said...

Cathy's going to love the full suspension bike. I think they rock!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for putting on the race. I'll be back next year if you guys have it!

Sarah Lukas said...

You guys had a real fun race. It was all around awesome! Great job and thanks!