Friday, September 07, 2007

Thrusday night road trip

Last night we headed out to Kettle for the first Thursday of the month road trip. Yes WE - Cathy all 7 months pregnant headed out to get a little night riding in. We took off on the Blue loop at first she wasn't too comfortable as the baby was trying to figure out what was going on, pretty soon he settled into the riding position and things were a lot more comfortable for her. Cathy short cutted part of the blue loop up the red loop hill so she could catch the group, I took off and tried to make up ground from behind. The short cut was more than she thought and ended up never regrouping, she rode back to the parking lot just as it was getting dark and called it a night. I caught up with the group and eventually moved to the front to push the pace and try to catch Cathy not knowing that she was almost done already. In my over zealous attempt I hit a rock and flatted. The fix was quick but I still managed to loose about a pint of blood the the mosquito's. We got back to the parking lot checked in with Cathy and then headed out for a second loop backwards. As long as we could keep moving the weather was just beautiful, but if you even dabbed the mosquito's were out in full force.
Today my bike was supposed to get in via FedEx, I double checked the tracking number just to make sure and turns out it isn't going to be delivered until Monday!! Looks like I will be rocking the 9.8 turned commuter this weekend!!

No comments: