Friday, March 31, 2006

SPRING IS HERE!!!

Spring might have officially started a few weeks ago, but this week it truely started. The grass is turning greener everyday I am so excited to hit the trails, now all they have to do is dry out. Last weekend Cory and I were out at Kettle Moraine building some new trails. I was really surprised how dry it was, they are opening the trails this weekend and if we don't get a ton of rain the next couple days it looks like we will be able to get some riding in out there!!
If we do get out there this weekend I am going to be sporting the 9.8 fully rigid. The NRS is stripped down to the frame and is waiting parts to get it built. I have been riding the 9.8 set up from the cyclo-cross race all winter. I put wider bars on it just because I had them laying around, but now I have really gotten used to that and am going to try that on the NRS this year. I can't believe how snappy the bike feels with a rigid fork, I haven't had it off road much so that will be interesting to see what that feels like.
As for the NRS here is a sneak preview of what we'll be running on that this year;

SID Team Fork
El Camino Brakes with Stan's Aluminum Rotors
Stan's No Tube rims
Maxxis Tires
Egg Beater Pedals
FSA handle Bar

I should be getting the rest of the parts next week so stay tuned!

No comments: