Friday, April 07, 2006

First race of the year

Looks like we are going to have some great weather for the race this weekend. Right now it is raining like nothing else! If we had an ocean next to us this would be classified a hurricane and we would be complaining about getting financial aid, but since we live in the midwest, we just go to work instead.
We were hoping to get over to Kettle Moraine after working the Wheel and Sprocket sale this weekend, but I don't think that is going to happen due to all the rain. I got most of my parts for the NRS this week. Our team Maxxis order came in, all 40 lbs. of tires!! I have never seen a box so packed with tires before. I also got my wheels, they are SOOOO light, I can't wait to get off road get them dirty.
Sunday we are heading up to Madison to get see what all this winter training has done for us. Cathy is thinking about trying the Women's 4 race and is a little nervous but will do just fine. I am excited to pin a number on my jersey again, it seems like forever since the last cyclo-cross race last fall.
Sorry for the lack of pictures. I will try to get some up here this weekend.

No comments: