Monday, January 22, 2007

Skiing and Mtn.biking

Saturday with a fresh cover of snow we headed out to Kettle Moraine for some XC skiing. Neither of us have skied more than once so it was a learning experience for both to say the least! We left some HUGE pot holes at the bottom of most hills, about the time we hit terminal velocity. Cathy landed on her bad elbow a couple times and decided to walk the rest of the hills after that. It was a good time and looks like the snow is going to stick around so we can get out there again next weekend and maybe we can keep our skis below us the entire time!!
Sunday we had a completely unsuccessful open house so I headed out for a snow ride.I threw on my 2.4" tires in the reverse direction on the rear and set the pressure at 12psi front and 15psi rear. That was about as killer snow set up as I have every rode. I was plowing through 3"-8" of snow the entire ride, which made getting in my tempo work out pretty easy to achieve. I burned up the bike trail from Palmer to Afton and back in just shy of 3 hours...yeah I wasn't breaking any speed records! By the time I got back my drive train had pretty much disappeared into a ball of snow. These miles should count double in the frozen fools competition!!

No comments: