Monday, January 15, 2007

Time to start building

The bike swap went pretty good this weekend. I got a table for two reasons, one I had a bunch of stuff I wanted to sell and the other because I wanted to get in early and get first dibs on the SWEET deals. So I got in around 8:15 and had everything set up shortly after that. Cory was supposed to be coming so I called but no answer. I tryed again around 8:45 but still nothing. Then at 9:15 he called "dude, I went out last night and am just getting out of bed". Well so much for him watching the table while I went a scored some trick parts! Oh well instead I just sold a ton of stuff and went home with a pretty fat stack of $20's.
Just got to get my brakes and some other misc. parts sold and I will have funding to get the Anthem built up. I have to decide if I want to run 80mm or 100mm this year. Last year I went to 100mm on the NRS and that worked pretty good, and with the Athem having a steeper head tube I could still get some good performance out of the extra travel - I need to decide soon. The other decision is a crank, I have been running my XT for 3 years and although it isn't pretty it still works great. I would like to try the new Truvativ crank but it is kinda pricey and isn't much lighter than the XT.

-Trail Report-
I think I officially got the last off road ride in before the snow. I went out with the lights just as it was getting dark. I headed to North East, which by the way Brian WAS is perfect condition. I rode there for about an hour and then headed home in the snow. It was great getting off rode one last time.

The snow is still falling and looks like it will stick around, hopefully we can get out to the kettles this weekend for some XC skiing.

No comments: