Monday, May 14, 2007

Busy Weekend

I think we packed just about everything possible into this weekend. Saturday we got up early stopped by Mocha Moment and then were off to Madison for the Saris Spoke Out. We signed up for the 30 mile loop but really wanted to do the 15 around the lake and through town. As we got back into town instead of turning back to the park we jumped on the 15 mile route and toured the city. It was a perfect day to be riding and was a lot of fun seeing the city. After that we headed down to State Street and the farmers market. I couldn't believe how busy it was, it looked like a Badger vs. Ohio game weekend!
Once we finished up in Madison we headed home and just relaxed for a bit. A group ride was going out from the shop at 5:30 so I got back on the bike and met up with them. We headed out to Whitewater lake and I think we went over ever hill out there! With over 5 hours on the bike for the day I was pretty smoked and ate everything in site as soon as I got in the door back home.
Sunday; after church Cathy made a fabulous mother's day brunch. I headed out to Menards and got some more wood for planters. I think we are going to redo part of our driveway over Memorial day and plan on having some planters instead of grass along one side of it. I got about 1/2 done with those before having to load up and head out for some secret training...at Lake Geneva. Ray and his guys have put together a SWEET course!! Right off the start there is a ton of climbing, can you say 3 times up the ski hill in the first 10 minutes! There aren't too many recovery sections, if you are not climbing you are bombing down single track. This is going to be a race of trust - trust your tires. All the trails are laid out very well and if you are on your game and can keep your tires under you then speed shouldn't be an issue. As I was riding I couldn't help but think that 29" tires could have the advantage holding better traction and rolling through the sand. I ran two laps as hard as I could and turned a 22:03 & 21:38, I am not saying that is fast or slow it is just a number I guess we will find out this weekend what combination of time and set up it takes to win.

No comments: