Monday, May 09, 2005

Buck Hill

Well I have come to the conclusion that I will never be able to post pics on this blog I guess I am going to have to go about it a different way...not sure what that is yet but I will let you know.
So this weekend was Buck hill. We went up on friday hoping to preride the course but no luck so it was up to some early morning riding on sat. before the race. I am glad that we rode it because this year it was backwards from normal. I don't know if I liked that or not, we started pointing straight up the hill and climbed all the way to the top right off the get go. I supposed that was good because from that point most of the single track was down hill. I had a good start and the bike was feeling incredible! Everything was working really well, I still can't believe how well that thing just shoots through the single track! I was running in the top 15-20 untill the 4th lap. I felt a bonk coming on and did everything in my power to try to avoid it. No luck. I had eaten early, like 7:30-8am and I think that was too early for a 1pm race. Starting my 5th lap was horrible. I wanted to quit so bad but just kept pushing and tried to keep the bike from falling over on me. I somehow managed to climb the hill for a 6th time and started to feel a little better, and was able to hold off a group of 5 that were closing fast. In all it was a good race, I learned that I need to eat closer to the start of the race instead of so early.
Cathy had a wonderfull first race. She was the only citizen women to climb the starting hill with out running!! WAY TO GO! She led the first lap and was leading when she got into the single track on the climb. On the back side of the hill a women caught her and got around. Cathy did a great job of keeping her in site and was closing in a couple times in the single track. At the finish she was only 23 seconds in second place. So 1st in her age, 2nd overall women and 33rd overall citizen out of 100! It was fun watching her have a good race.
Thats all for now, we will see what happens this week with all the rain I am thinking was are going to be spending a lot of time on the road.

No comments: