Thursday, December 08, 2005

More snow = Warmer temps.

Today we are supposed to get another couple inches of snow. It seems like we are getting more snow early this year than we have in the past few years. I like the snow, it puts a new twist on riding. I would like to give XC skiing a try but usually we don't have enough snow to ever do it. I might try to get my hands on a pair of skis this year and give it a try.

I re-learned an important lesson in warming up before lifting. Usually I ride to the YMCA from home, about 15 minutes. That gives me a good warmup to my lifting routine. Tuesday it was getting late and COLD so I broke down and drove across town. I figured I better warm up a little so I jumped on the treadmill for a 15 minute run. I felt alright and figured I was warm. I went down to the weights and jumped right into the squat. After my third set I realized that I was not warm at all, I got tight and was already stiff! Every time I get up or walk since then has been a reminder of needing proper warm up and stretching.

We went out and picked a tree yesterday. I suggested we take a saw and go out in the woods and just cut a tree down, or if you are not into completely killing a tree, just cut the top off one. Well needless to say Cathy didn't go for that, so we went and bought a tree. It makes the house smell nice so that's good, now just to keep the dog from drinking out of the water dish.

No comments: