Monday, January 16, 2006

Making the best of it

Well since I broke my ankle I decided to throw in the towel on training!! I just wanted to sit around and read about how good I could have been and look at expensive bike parts...ok that lasted for 2 days then I ran out of magazines.

It is still slow going with the leg but everyday it is feeling better than before. I got into the pool on friday and re-learned how to swim. I think I am a pretty good swimmer the only problem is I sink like a brick! I would like to think it is because my extremely low body fat index, but I think it is because there was just too much iron in the water when I was growing up. Either way I managed to get a few laps in with my feet hanging on to a piece of styrofoam to keep them from dragging like two anchors.

Saturday we headed up to Madison to watch the state skiing sprints. We missed the races but it was cool seeing all the snow on the street. The sweetest thing was they had piled up about 10 feet of snow and snowboarders were hitting some rails. The thing was it was only about 10 feet of snow and they were going sooooooo slow they hardly made it across the rail. Then they would walk over to the side slam a red bull and do it again. Seriously is the red bull going to help them be any more extreme on the lamest hill possible!?! Anyway I digress.

Sunday was back in the pool for another hour and some 31 laps. I just learned that 36 laps = 1 mile so that is the goal for tonight.

No comments: