Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Home again

Well after a whirlwind of a weekend we are back home and back to work. As you might know or could have figured out we impulsively went out to Colorado for the weekend. Some things we didn't know until we got to Denver:

1) Some big boat show was going on
2) The 100 annual Rodeo was happening
3) Two football teams were playing...I overheard something about AFC championships.

So needless to say Denver was pretty busy.

That didn't bother us much though, we spent most of the time in the mountains. It was so incredible pictures don't do it justice. On Saturday we headed up I-70 to the Loveland pass. It had been closed the day before because of snow but today it was open. Right away we seen a bunch of hitch-hiker snowboarders. Turns out they would catch a ride to the top and then ski down in the back woods. I quickly realized that is something that I would have to do next time we are out there!! On Sunday we headed over to Estes park just out side of Boulder. We picked up some snowshoes and again started heading up to the trailhead. Right as we got into the park we seen an elk stampede...well maybe not a stampede but they were moving pretty good and I don't think I would have wanted to be in front of them. Once at the trailhead we strapped on the snowshoes and headed out. I think we started our hike at about 8,000 ft. and hiked up to almost the tree line. That was probably one of the coolest hikes I have been on. My leg was feeling ok going up but hurt a little going down so I just took it easy.
Getting home was kinda a pain, we missed our flight out of Denver and had to catch the next flight 3 hours later. That took us to Cleveland were we started with a 2 hour lay-over but the plane was running an hour late! We finally got home after 14 hours of traveling. It would be great to get our there again, there is so much to see that we could spend a month and still not see everything.

No comments: