Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Busy Summer

That has been the word of this month! So the last thing I posted was the Wisconsin State Road race. The next weekend we skipped Kewannee and headed down to Chicago for a the weekend to celebrate our 2nd year aniversary. It was fun getting away and site seeing. We have been down there a few times but never just to kill time and look around.
Then last weekend my sister came down so Cathy and her dropped me off at Crystal Ridge and then they went off shopping. I entered the 3 hour race to get the legs moving again after a few weeks off. Things started out really well getting the hole shot and leading into the single track. Then I rolled my tire off the rim, instant flat. I started walking hoping someone would have a pump. ure enough the 5th from last guy had something. I started pumping like crazy and finally got my tire up to pressure. I was feeling really good so I just focused on making up as many spots as I could. I knew it would be hard to caught Jesse, but I didn't see any reason I couldn't at least finish second. At the 4th lap and just over 2 hours in I got around the second man, putting only Jesse ahead of me. I could tell I wasn't caughting him as I would see him in the same spot every lap. I pushed hard just to get a solid 5th lap in and rolled in about 4 minutes after the win.
This weekend we are headed up to Eau Claire for WORS #5. My goal this year was to stay in the top 20, after skipping the last race I dropped to 21st...BUMMER! It is a fast course and I really need to push some big gears to get back to my goals.

No comments: