Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Hard Recovery

To my surprise the rain yesterday wasn't enough to pursued the park rangers to close Kettle. Cory and Holly picked me up from work and we met up with Chris in the parking lot. Cory wanted to go hard because he didn't get to race this weekend, Chris wanted to go hard to show he had been riding this spring, and I wanted to just hang on for dear life with my legs still a little sore from this weekend.
We took off and the trails were surprisingly not muddy. Because of all the humidity though the rocks had a nice layer of wetness on them. This didn't seem to affect Cory however, he got out front and was just flying! His Tubeless CrossMarks were just hooking up like crazy! I was doing everything I could to keep him in site. My legs responded better than I expected to the hard efforts. I even got out front and was able to open a small gap a time or two.
Overall it was a really good ride I think my legs are recovered from this weekend and today will feel good to let them just sit. Everyone is riding strong and it should be a fun race this weekend.

No comments: