Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I should be getting paid for this....

...well I guess I kinda am. Last night I had to do some extended product testing for work. The sky looked pretty crazy so I threw on a back pack and desided to keep the ride in town and on the way home stop by the grocery story and pick up a few things. I headed down to Rockport, jumped on the trail and almost litterally ran into Bill and Ragena. They were rocking out on the tandem getting ready for next year's short and fat. After they got home I made my way up town to grab a few things. As soon as I got out and was unlocking my bike things got really crazy. The wind started blowing HARD and it was raining in every direction. I figured I wasn't going to get home dry at this point so I just took off. Talk about flash flood! I was hitting the side streets cutting through town and was pushing 3-4 inch puddles at almost every intersection. About 5 minutes into the soaking the hail started. I have never rode my bike through a hail storm, and I don't think I will again - THAT HURT!! The news was saying there was quarter size hail, but all I seen was marbles and that was big enough. My arms and legs looked like I had chicken pox from getting pelted.
This is what it looked like when I finally got home.

On the plus side, the PowerTap worked perfect. If you ever need to know your power output while battling your next tropical depression this is the product for you.

No comments: