Wednesday, March 07, 2007

The snow won't give up

Last night we got more snow again! Don't get me wrong I really like the snow and all but when it melts, then freezes and then snows it is just the worst of all worlds. But the way I figure if you can't beat it join it! This past weekend I headed out of town on the back roads on the Anthem. In town the weather was pretty nice but once I got to the open road the snow was drifting pretty good. Cars were really leery about passing me as I was having a tough time holding a line through some of the deeper sections. At one point a car almost got stuck trying to pass me up a hill! I kept it up for a few more miles until I came across a snowmobile trail, I figured it couldn't be any worse than riding on the road plus instead of having cars gunning for me now I would have snowmobiles - you got to mix it up once in a while. Anyway the trail was great, nice hard pack snow for the most part. I came across a few soft areas but I was able to get through them. I rode on the trail for about an hour I only saw 6 snowmobiles, which kinda surprised me I thought there would be more. Anyway the trail finally crossed a road just north of town so I turned in on it and finished the ride on solid pavement with a tail wind.
When I got home I found Cathy mixing a pale of paint in the basement......when I left she was just going to organize a few boxes in one of the bedrooms. Well she got really sick of the colors and decided she had to paint. We painted the walls, window trim and all three doors. THEN as if that wasn't enough we decided the carpet was ugly too and that it had to go! The hardwood is in decent shape but has paint drip spots all over it, the people that lived there before us must have been real pieces of work! With 2 rooms down to hardwood and the 3rd room coming up later this week we are going to tackle the don ting task of refinishing our floors this weekend. It shouldn't be too bad, Cathy is even talking about buying some power tools for the project - YES!!!!!
I will definitely post some pictures and a report this weekend.

No comments: