Monday, April 18, 2005

More hours than I thought

I went out for an early morning ride on Sunday. The plan for the day was to get two rides in about 2 hours each. I met up with Cory G. and we took off. He promptly informed me that we were going to be doing power intervals this morning. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention it was 7:30am! We rode for about 45-50 minutes as a warm up. I felt like I had about 5 pounds of lead in both legs, but thought I would work that out in the warm up. As we kept going I started thinking about the time I spent on the bike over the past week. As I added the days I realized that I already had 9 hours, no wonder I was dragging lead! We got started on our intervals late and I had to bail out on the second of five. Cory was really feeling good and dropped me like a bad habit right away. I was struggling to hang on, now I know what he felt like last Tuesday. Later in the day I got out again but just took things really easy, bringing my week total up to 12 hours.
I am planning on another hard week this week before tapering off. I think I am going to start logging the miles and time, like most athletes have been doing for years. Well.....I better get started.

No comments: