Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Tuesday on the road

We were supposed to have a time trial yestarday, but because of the less than ideal conditions that got put off untill next week. The day consited of rain, wind, cold, and more rain. I was kinda looking forward to the TT with the bad conditions, to see how they played in, but instead we just went for a group ride. Four of us really wanted to push hard to we grouped up and took off. We started by heading directly into a 15-20mph headwind. I was feeling really good so spent a lot of time out front. We were really pushing hard and I was plesantly surprised to see everyone was hanging on good. We rode for a little over an hour like this before realizing that we didn't really know how to get back, other than the way we came...how borring is that. So we turned on some raod and hoped for the best. We got really lucky and ran into a familiar road, that we were initially going to have the TT on. Now we had the wind at our back so I kicked up the pace to 30mph. At this point a couple people were struggling to stay on. We stayed grouped up really good for as hard as we were all pushing. It was a lot of fun and I couldn't believe how good I was feeling. I am really hoping this last all season long.

No comments: