Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Now that's a Mountain bike

Last night I finally got out for a good hard off road ride. Cathy and I had just picked up our new jerseys, and decided to head out to the Northeast park and do some riding. Cathy has been wanting to get off road before her first race at buck hill. After seeing her ride I think she is going to do pretty good this year.
I have been itching to get out and and really open up the NRS. I have been trying out different bike set ups trying to get it dialed in. Last night we met up with Cory Gwin and the two of us put the hammer down! I can't believe how fast that bike is! I don't know if it is just a different type of riding or what but it just feels faster. I kinda wish I had the 9.8 together so I could test them side by side, but that would mean I have to ride a hardtale again, FORGET THAT! The bike just eats up the trail and keeps asking for more. It is truely a mountain bike. I could go on for hours but in short the fox suspension and disk brakes make for an incredably smooth and predictable ride.
We are starting to get plans together for 12 hours at Kettle. Hopefully we have good weather and tons of people show up.

No comments: