Friday, July 22, 2005

Back in the Saddle

After having an easy week before going to Alaska and then being gone for another week I was afraid I was going to have to put the training wheels back on in case I forgot how to ride. I did some easy rides this week just to get my legs back in the groove. Yesterday we got some much needed rain and that took care of any hopes of getting off-road. Cathy took the road bike and I put some slicks on the NRS and we headed out to the Tuesday "B" road ride. Because of the rain most of the mt.bike guys were there. What was supposed to be a casual 15-18 mph pace turned into a hammer-fest all night. Cathy couldn't hang on as it was her first group ride, so we kept our own pace going. We turned around at Indianford and had a nice tail wind to blow us home.
In all it was a good ride. I had to push pretty good on the mt.bike turned road, and Cathy had a comfortable pace on the road bike. We ended up with 30 miles for the day so that was good. This weekend I think we are going to put some miles in at Kettle and then get a nice long road ride in on Sunday. There is a WORS race up in Phillips but with the lack of training and the fact that it is about 5 hours away I think we are going to skip this one.
I got my SDG seat and seat post this week. I have put several hours on it and so far it really feels good. I will try to get a full review of it posted sometime this weekend.

No comments: