Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Your barn door is open

I guess someone should have told the farmer that last night. We were on our Tuesday night group ride hammering away at 33-35mph when I looked up and saw a bull standing in the middle of the road. Apparently I was day dreaming about our trip to Alaska next week because the first thing I said to warn the group was MOOSE!! It took me a second or two to realize what I had said, fortunately because of all the wind I don't think too many people heard me either. It was kinda weird, we rode past it as it was trotting at us on the other side of the road, I don't know what I would have done if it actually turned at us, with dogs you can out run or kick them. What do you do with a cow, spray ketchup at it?!
Besides that the ride was uneventful, just pounded nails all night, at least I was just to keep up. Everyone is peaking for Superweek that is starting this weekend so they are all feeling great, as I am hitting a valley and starting my second part of the summer training for the early fall races.
I found some pics of this weekend, thanks to rusty for doing a great job and posting them for no charge!!

I think this picture added about 10mph, I sure didn't feel like I was going fast when he snapped that shot.


This was coming out of the second water crossing. There were some really tight switch backs to get up the hill, add water from all the racers and it got a little slippery but still rideable.

No comments: