Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Easy does it.

That is something I have been really struggling with...going easy. I think that has probably burned me this year. I started out feeling really strong and instead of maintaining the same program I followed through the winter I just went out and pounded nails every day. Cory has been working with me to get a program set up for Chequamegon. I am really hoping to pull off a solid peak for that race and turn a solid finish.
Monday I rode with Cathy for about 30 minutes, went home ate a bunch of food and then Cory stopped by and we rode another 2 hours with 40 minutes of tempo. I really felt good and had to keep telling my self to hold back and stay in the program. Last night I did a recovery ride. I have been doing a lot of late night riding. In this heat it seems like it is the best time to ride. Plus you pretty much have the trails and roads to yourself.
Anyway, today we are doing a time trial to get some base numbers and then will go from there.
There has been a lot of chat going on about the 24-9 race this weekend. I was thinking about doing that as a team or solo but I think at this point I need to get into my program, my days are numbered so I have to make everyone count. Maybe Cathy and I will do a team next year, that might be kinda fun!

No comments: