Monday, August 01, 2005

Just riding

Well another weekend is regretfully behind us. I can't imagine what it would be like to be a professional athlete, every day would feel like a weekend! I wonder what they do on the weekend to relax then? Looks like 24-9 went really well, like any race there were a lot of almosts, it is weird how someone can train and do everything just right for months before a race and when race day comes if they are not feeling perfect it seems like all that training was useless. I sure hope that doesn't happen to me this fall. I got my Polar S-150 heart rate / cycling computer on friday. It is really cool, I don't have it connected to the bike yet but that will happen sometime this week. Cory put together a program for me to follow hoping to get in shape by Chequamegon. It has been super hot so I have been putting a majority of my hours in the evening. Most of my rides have been ending around 9:30pm. I have my niterider light on the road bike and just click it on when the going gets dark. I really like that time of day, the wind is calm, it is cooler, less traffic, and BUGS so many BUGS!!!
Well 3.5 hours tonight then some recovery and another long day before the group ride on thursday. Then we are heading home this weekend for my bro's reception party. That is going to be a lot of fun, I plan to spend at least an entire day up to my neck in water.
Hey what do you people want to read about, more product reviews, more random rants? Drop me a note in the comments, you don't have to be a member, and let me know what you think.
Out for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the stories about Cory that guy seems really cool

Neil said...

I tell storys about him because I have heard he doesn't have any friends...poor guy.