Monday, August 08, 2005

Weekend Worriers

I am starting to wonder what is harder, loading up for a race, camping, racing, and driving home tired and sore, OR going home for the weekend!! Don't get me wrong I have a lot of fun with our families it is just BUSY! This weekend was no exception. On Saturday it was Chris and Jenny's reception. It was fun seeing everyone again and some people we haven't seen forever. Then when it got dark we lit off fireworks that would rival New York City.
Sunday we took dad's boat to the lake for the better part of all day. This was the first time I have been back on the water for almost a year so it felt great. There is a good chance that Cathy's knee broke my nose upon her ejecting from the tube after hitting a tidal wave behind the boat. I think everyone that was there got hurt one way or another so it was a successful tubing experience.
Today we are back to the grind stone. My schedule is tapering a little for this weekend so I don't totally die at the race. I think I am officially out of the running for a top 5 in points this year so I am going to use it as a training ride, and hope to just have fun with things.
I will get some pics up here hopefully tonight, I am going to try to get more pictures with my posts, we'll see how that goes.
Thanks for reading, out

No comments: