Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Tuesday Night

I was planning on doing my own thing last night but once I got on the bike and started moving I quickly realized that I had no motivation at all. So I decided if I wanted to get a hard workout I better get in with the group and have them push me, or die off the back. We head out of town into a pretty strong wind. We were taking it easy for most of the way out. I took some hard pulls to see what my legs were saying. They told me to sit in because the way home was going to be fast. We turned around and with the wind still blowing now we had an awesome tail wind. Mark and Jason ramped up to 30mph in no time. We had a group of 4 that were able to hold that pace. It was really fun taking short hard pulls at that pace for miles on end! Every 5 miles was a major intersection we would slow for and then kick it up again. I was starting to feel better, not best but I could tell my base miles were keeping me on. I got gapped once or twice and had enough reserve to dig down and bridge to the group.
After the ride Cathy and I headed to the story to get some food. We walked past the paper and seen this article about Jim Peterson!! He is taking off today for Worlds. I guess they will be posting real time results so I will get a link up here for anyone interested in following their favorite athlete. (i.e. Jim)
Sounds like there is going to be some long rides going out this weekend, I think I am going to head down south of Rockford on Friday after work, then Sat. Jason and I are talking about doing 5 hours of road. Sunday Cory and I will be heading to Kettle for some 3 hours of day/night riding. Monday...not sure yet I could be doing some recovery at that point

No comments: