Monday, October 31, 2005

WORS Banquet

What a perfect weekend!! Saturday we met for a pre-banquet group ride. It was soooo nice out I didn't need my tights, and probably could have done without my long sleeve jersey. We rode around Rockport park for a while then headed out to the LAB. It was great riding in the daylight out there, I haven't done that for about a month now. After the ride we got cleaned up and hit the road. We were meeting the parents up in Mauston to drop off the dog. Then back to Devils Head for the WORS banquet. We had a lot of people that picked up hardware. Cathy got her 1st place award, Cory picked up a 2nd place in points and 1st place in the NORBA Sport awards, and Christina walked away with 5th overall in the women and more gifts than she could carry! Larry, Bill, Brian, and Amy were all on the podium as well. (I am sure there were more people, sorry if I missed you)
I was a little disappointed with the Expert turnout. The overall winner of Elite women and two of the top 5 Elite Men, including the winner, DIDN'T EVEN SHOW!!! I don't know of any huge race going on that they could have been at, but it looks kinda bad, when they are getting $2400 and don't have enough time to pick it up. Oh well that is my two sense, take it for what it is worth.
Once the awards ended the drawing started. Let me just start by saying I have never won anything in my life!! So drawings get me worked up usually for nothing. Well the night went on, lots of kids were winning stuff, just about every table around us was winning, but Michael's Cycles were getting skunked. Then they pulled this out:

I had drifted into a day dream, not sure what it was about, but I think it involved playing with my glass of water. Then I heard my name being called, I looked up and they were holding the bike frame!! SWEET! Not sure what I am going to do with it yet. I would like to sell it and put the money toward our road bikes, or maybe an Anthem. If anyone is interested, or if you know somebody who could use a sweet 4" travel frame post a reply with a way to get a hold of you. You can check out all the specs here.
Well that's all for now. Hopefully we can get a couple rides in this week before we load up and head off to the Ice Man.

2 comments:

Mountaingoat said...

The top 3 expert males didn't show up. That wasn't Matter, he was out east.

Neil said...

I guess there was collegiate Nationals, and a cyclocross out East. Still too bad more couldn't have made it.