Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Where to start

Wow, so much has been going on since my last post I haven't even had time to update this! So last saturday (I'm sorry it's been a while) we got a call from the shop and they told us that our bikes were in and ready!! We promptly went and picked them up, put some pedals on and went for a ride. We just hit the bike trail and worked on getting everything adjusted right and feeling good. Cathy really likes her pink bike and the TCR is a HUGE upgrade from the OCR.
The rest of the weekend we pretty much just worked on the house. I wonder if breathing saw dust is bad? I have probably inhaled the equivalent of an 8' 2x4.
Training has been indoors this week. Put 2 hours on the trainer last night while watching the CMA awards. I think basically if you have ever sang or even listened too a country song they give you an award. Maybe cycling should follow the same thinking.
Best Crash
Best Crash on a normally easy trail
Fastest Tire change
Most accurately adjusted seat
Most dog poo found in your shoes
Best swan dive into a creek
The WORS awards ceremony could possibly never end!!
This morning before work I started piecing together the 9.8 for the 'cross race this weekend. I spent most of the time I had digging around and trying to find what I had to work with. It isn't going to be pretty but it will be CHEAP. So far I have 1 XT shifter/brake combo (rear), for the front a Shimano Deore with an Avid Ultimate brake lever. I have a 9 speed road cassette laying around so I think I am going to use that, sounds like the course more fast than steep so close gearing should help out. The only thing I am missing is a rigid fork, I have an old manitou that I will have to use if I can't find anything. I'll get some shots of it up here when it is finished.

No comments: