Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Just a quickie...well maybe not

Ok, just for a quick update. This weekend was a mix of weather, nice, kinda nice but raining and on Monday beautiful! We headed out to Kettle monday expecting to see half the state of Illinois there as well as at least half of Wisconsin. When we arrived I was pleased to see that the majority of the people were at homing doing their part to keep the National overweight statistic high. Cory and I took off on the blue loop and then hit the connector out to Emma and back. The girls, Cathy and Christina were just planning on doing a couple blue loops and then call it a day, but they ended up hitting the connector and Emma as well. I have never been out there so it was fun, we were pushing pretty hard but it just felt good so I didn't want to slow up. When we got back to the parking lot Larry was just pulling in. We took off with him for his warm-up and our cool-down. I wanted to push hard on a blue loop so I took off and despite the heavy traffic on the trail still turned a 42 minute lap.
By this point everyone had just got to the parking lot, perfect timing. We talked about the ride, compared cuts, bruises, and crashes then headed up to the LaGrange store for ice cream.
I was going to do the road ride last night but in an attempt to fix my road bike's seat post I tapped the spacer too far down and now I can't get my seat post on. So Cathy and I hit up the mt.bike ride. Cathy was hurting from her 25+ mile ride on Monday and I was feeling my 40 miles from the day before as well. It was a good ride though low key and great time to spin the legs.

No comments: