Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Tuesday road ride

We had a really small group for the Tuesday road ride last night. I was a little disappointed but decided I would just do my own thing and see who could hang on. We headed up to Cambridge through Milton, adding about 15 miles each way to the ride. We split the group of 6 into two groups of 3 and took off. I was feeling really good and was taking long steady pulls into the wind at 24+ mph. Just outside of Newville Hagen flatted and told us to keep going. Mike was really pounding on the hills and I was cranking steady on the flats. We got to Cambridge, I went into the library to get some water and Mike said he was going to head out of town slowly to keep his legs moving. I got my water and then hit the road at 25 mph all the way to Rockdale. I didn't caught Mike and thought maybe he was riding around town waiting for me, so I turned around and went back to Cambridge, still no mike. I asked a Cop if he had seen a biker and he said someone was just leaving Rockdale heading south, I must have just missed him. So again I started heading home. I pushed for about 15 miles then I was running out of juice. I never caught Mike and by the time I got home I had put in about 65 miles in just under 3.5 hours. I was just shot, I ate everything I could get my hands on when I got home; Snickers salad, pickles, cheese, gatorade, cookies, chips, 2 bananas, and more water!
I am feeling good again today, I picked up a bottle of the new Endurance Formula Gatorade. I really like this stuff. I think we are heading to the lab this afternoon, that should be fun I haven't been out there for a long time.

No comments: