Wednesday, June 08, 2005

On the road again

I finally got the road bike back up and going, it really wasn't broke, well kinda...either way I wasn't riding it. It felt really good to get on a different bike and different ride. We did a race simulation around an 8 miles circuit. A lead group of 5 went out while we waited for them to get a gap. Then the first chase group of 4 went out 3 minutes later. After that our group of 4 took off, 4 minutes (7 minutes behind the lead pack). The goal was to work up to the lead pack and then who ever could close the gap won. We were pushing hard and working good. When we got to the big hill I went off the front and Jason stayed close, but the other two dropped. I sat up and waited for Jason, as we turned the corner at the bottom of the hill we could see the leaders. We passed a few stragglers that dropped off. I was taking really long hard pulls but felt good. Then about 1/4 way through the 2nd lap, as Jason pulled off I sprinted, yeah it was dirty but he said he would have done the same thing. I sprinted hard and closed the gap. We rode with the group for a little then turned around to get the two guys that dropped from our group of 4. When we all hooked up I seen the leaders had put the hammer down. We started working again but the two guys that dropped were hurting so Jason and I took long pulls. On the third lap Ken came back to help us a little and to get in on the sprint. At about the same place I attacked the previous lap Ken took off just as I was pulling off the front. Jason was on his wheel, I stood up and pounded nails solo. I got around Jason again but couldn't catch Ken, that guy can sprint like I have never seen! We stopped at a park to get water and the fire department was there practicing spraying a barrel. I stood at the edge of the parking lot and got soaked, man that felt good!
I was really happy to see that I had recovered from this weekend and the heat. Sounds like we might be hitting the lake this weekend, that is going to feel AWESOME!!

No comments: