Friday, June 10, 2005

Thursday Night Ride

Lets just get this on the record, I really love mt.biking. After riding the road on Tuesday I got out last night for a little over 3 hours on the NRS. I wanted to get a good hard workout in before the group ride, so Bill and I hit the NorthEast park hard! We did starts/interval work. I really like doing speed work out there, the trails are just right, open enough to go fast but tight enough to keep you on your game. Then we headed out to the field and did more intensity on the 4-wheeler trails. That ended up being 45 minutes of solid interval work. At 6:30 we met up with the group only to learn that they wanted to hammer all night. I still felt great so I lead the fast group. The ground was really dry and could use some of the rain they have been promising every day. We pushed hard almost without stopping for just over an hour. The group stayed together good, there are enough short cuts if you get dropped you can get back on. After another hour of toning things down a little I was ready to call it a night but Cory wanted one more lap, full throttle. I jumped on his wheel and we were gone. We turned a sweet lap and got out of the woods just as it was getting dark.
After getting cleaned up with a garden hose we had a meal of burritos and Coronas while voting on who gets to wear the jersey-o-shame...have fun Bob!!!
This weekend we are heading home to see the fam. Hopefully we will have some good weather, we are going to try to hit the lake and see if I remember how to ski. It will be fun to have the weekend off and hang out with some old friends.

!!!!HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND EVERYONE!!!!

No comments: