Monday, September 05, 2005

More miles than I thought

Yeah that is what happened this weekend. I took off on Saturday for a nice long up to 5 hour ride. There was a north wind blowing so I headed up to Cambridge. Made my usual stop at the BP and got a refill of Gatorade and a snickers. I headed home thinking I would have a tail wind, and I did...kinda. Sometimes it was at my back sometimes I was pushing it, not really sure what that was all about. Anyway, it felt really good I was pushing 25-30 mph and keep my heartrate in check the entire time. Things are really coming along nice for the little race up north. When I got home I let the dog for a bit, ate some ham, jelly-beans, cheese, gatorade, pickles and some peanut butter, then back on the bike. I decided I should go pick up the truck Cathy left in Rockford when she caught her plane on Friday. Now I think who ever said Illinois was flat is full of #%$@, either that or I just hit ever hill in the state. I left that part to last thinking it would be a nice flat ride with hopefully some tail wind. Well the wind died and I was left crawling up some huge hills, I wanted to get off and walk a couple times. Finally I made it to Rockford and to the truck. I ended up with just over 110 miles with a 19.3mph Average, WOW!! I guess I was hurting for a reason.

No comments: