Wednesday, September 07, 2005

MTB at a road ride?!?

Ok so last night the women's groupride started for a short fall season. Cathy wanted to ok so I set up the road bike for her. Right now we only have one road bike, it doesn't fit either of us properly, but if we take it to both extremes we can fit on it. It ends up being a lot of adjusting every time one of us wants to ride, hence the reason we are looking at both getting road rides. ANYWAY - so I wanted to do the road ride with the "A" group so I though some slicks on the NRS. We took off at a nice warmup pace, I don't have a computer on that bike so I don't know speeds. But I only had 2 gears left, ON THE WARM-UP! I thought this could be a long night. We got out of town and upped the pace, I think Mark was mad that I showed up/could hang on with my mt.bike. It was fun but hard, I was able to pull through and take the pulls but I think I was working a little harder than the others. We got to Shopiere and Ken, Mike, and another guy went off the front. Joe was chasing but not getting much closer, just hanging out in no-mans land. They had about 75 yards on us when I went to the front. I put the hammer down and was able to close the gap to Joe. I got on his wheel for about 5-10 seconds just enough to shove my lungs back into my chest. Then I went around him and closed the gap on the leaders. It was a perfect workout for Chequamegon coming in a couple weeks. I think I might be out on the road more often, plus is it awesome to blast around town with slicks, they hook up like nothing else!

1 comment:

Mountaingoat said...

I love riding the MTB on the road rides. Freaks everyone else out. Especially when you school 'em.