Friday, September 09, 2005

Night riding

Fortunately the weather forecasters were wrong again with their forecast of rain, thunderstorms, wind, and hail. I think we were actually under a severe thunderstorm warning! It turned out to be a great night. We were only on the trails for about 45 minutes before we had to turn on the lights. I have mixed feelings about this time of year. On one hand I love seeing a line of lights snaking its way through the trees, and on the other hand it is a sign of cooler nights leading to snow and indoor trainers.
I really like riding at night, the trails that we have been riding all summer seem to be totally different under the white beam of our Night Rider HID lights. Cathy picked up a used pair from Jim P. and she was riding awesome! The trails are really dry and in need of some TLC (Tree removaL serviCe). Sounds like that is going to happen the week after Chequamegon.
Well this weekend we are headed up to Kewaunee. I guess it is like a 3.5 hour drive so we are going to get going early on Sat. to get up and try to get some riding in. Sounds like it should be nice weather, but really nobody knows.
I finally opened the sample bottle of FRS Plus I received a while back. I wanted to save it for the next few big races so we will see how it works. Too soon to tell right now but I should know something by mid next week. Will keep you posted.
Out for now.

No comments: