Friday, September 23, 2005

Someone kick me I'm ranting

Sorry if I sound like a broken record but I just can't get over how much fun I am having this year night riding! Last night we met for the group ride, so did some intense looking clouds. We decided to head to Rockport so if the weather got bad we could get home quick. I didn't listen to the weather report but they must have been predicting rain because it ended up being a beautiful night.

Cory was getting anxious to go so we upped the pace and went off the front. We had a good clip going, I was feeling just awesome, hopefully I can carry that through this weekend! We darted through the single track and then back to the double track. Cory was showing his wheel at the bottom of Onion hill, I will have none of that, so I upped the pace on the roller coaster trail. As we crossed the bridge heading out of the park I thought I heard him right on me so I attacked the hill on the bike trail, assuming that what his plan as well. When I crested the top I looked back and no Cory. I rode around looking for him but couldn't find him, so I finished my lap and met up with the group again. Turns out he wasn't as close as I thought and turned back into the double track.

From what I hear it sounds like this weekend could be muddy. I think I am going to bring my mud tires just in case things get sloppy. Otherwise I will stick with Ol' faithful those should hook up real good in the grass descents and gavel climbs.

No comments: