Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Not recovered yet

I was feeling pretty good the past couple days since the fastest mt.bike race ever and was looking forward to a good and hard ride tonight. Cathy took the road bike again so I through a pair of pedals on the Jamis and we were off.
For some unknown reason all the ride times switched so Cathy went with the "C" group and I went with the "A" group. She went easier than she wanted and I went harder than my legs let me. I felt ok spinning but the hills were really painful, and closing the gap hurt more than normal.
I really think riding the Mt.bikes on the road helps though. The more I have been doing that the more comfortable I am during races, either tight in a group or pushing some big gears on a flat stretch. I wish I had a second set of disk wheels so I don't have to change tires on the NRS though. Maybe I will just stick with the Jamis or build up the 9.8 road style!
Plans are changing every day for next weekend there are so many races in one weekend it is rediculous:
I could do a 12 hour race
or I could do this race
I tried this race once and it hurt ALOT!!
I guess you will have to stay tuned to find out what happens.

3 comments:

Crash Test said...

MTB race and burrito blowout. sounds painful!!! Remeber to bring your own tp to this colon blow

Neil said...

I wonder if they serve the burritos before the race, if so I am going to order extra beans, then get the hole shot! If you can't beat them GAS them!! YEAH

Jeff Kerkove said...

Blockhouse is a rock'n race!

I wish they would bring the WEMS race back to that venue. Hands down it was the best WEMS race course...EVER!

Now, THAT hurt!!!